CAMP RULES & STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
We prioritize safety and security.
Recognize, Resist, Report
3 RULES AND 6 BOUNDARIES
All guests, adults included, will be expected to abide by the following:
Let's Be Safe and Have Fun
THE 5 STEP SYSTEM
Camp is school. Therefore, what is prohibited at school, is prohibited at camp.
CODES staff uses a 5-Step System for redirecting and disciplining inappropriate/unacceptable behavior while adhering to our core responsibility of being patient, encouraging, and gracious with every student. We WILL NOT send a student home without consulting school representatives first.
The following violations are grounds for immediate dismissal:
1. Fighting or Stealing
2. Any activity that is inherently dangerous to self or others
3. Outright defiance
4. Intentionally destroying property
5. Cabin raiding, pranks, or bullying
6. Unauthorized leaving of cabins or entering cabins of the opposite gender
7. Other behaviors at the discretion of the CODES Admin Staff in conjunction with teachers
The 5-Step System:
1. Give a clear verbal warning. ("John, I have asked you not to throw sticks. This is your first warning.")
2. If the behavior persists, they've earned a 5 min Time Out (TO).
3. If the behavior persists, the TO increases to 10 min.
4. If the behavior persists, the TO increases to 15 min.
5. If the behavior persists, after a student has grossed a 15 min TO, CODES Admin will consult with the school representatives about additional consequences which may result in a call home, dismissal from camp, and/or consequences at school.